Our 90-minute Line Manager training course is designed to equip line managers with the skills they need to effectively manage their employees stress and mental wellbeing. The goal of the course is to provide line managers with information to drive a successful, inclusive and supportive management strategy for mental health in the workplace.
DID YOU KNOW?
Only 24% of managers have received formal training on managing their employee’s mental health
Our specialist instructors combine focused teaching with practical exercises and case studies to ensure your Line Managers get the most out of their training.
- Gain an appreciation of the importance of managing mental health and wellbeing in the workplace
- Become more attuned to the mental health and wellbeing factors that affect staff on a daily basis, and acquire practical skills to monitor and signpost employees
- Learn best practices for engaging employees who are experiencing a mental health or stress-related problem
- Learn about the various internal and external support mechanisms that can be incorporated into an effective people management strategy
- Introduction to mental health
- The prevalence of mental ill-health cases at work
- Legal obligations of employers regarding mental ill-health
- The role of managers in managing employee mental health
- The “business case” for managing stress and mental health (the cost and implications of presenteeism, absenteeism, staff turnover and productivity)
- Identifying warning signs and symptoms of mental ill-health
- Understanding stress and the importance of stress coping mechanisms
- The “continuum model”, stigma and self-stigma
- Listening and communicating to employees non-judgmentally
- Mental ill-health crisis management
- Promoting awareness and conversation with staff
- The role of Mental Health First Aiders (MHFAs)
- Further support for Line Managers in managing mental ill health