This two-day Mental Health First Aider course will give you:
- a comprehensive understanding of mental health and factors that can affect a person’s mental wellbeing
- the practical skills to spot the signs of mental health issues and associated triggers
- the confidence to step in, reassure and to support a person in distress
- enhanced interpersonal skills, such as non-judgemental listening
- the knowledge to help someone improve their mental health by guiding them to further support – whether it be self-help resources, services available through their employer, NHS and GP services, or professional services
- an understanding of how to keep yourself safe while performing your role as a Mental Health First Aider.